Broccoli Salad

I promised to post another salad this week, but bronchitis got in the way and I am late.  The up side of being sick is that I am in Seattle enjoying beautiful weather and an amazing view from my daughter and SIL's deck.  But...onward...I made a Broccoli Salad that I had always wanted to try. You have probably tried this before it has lots of broccoli florets and crunchy red onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and, of course, bacon!  What's not to like?


Broccoli Salad
adapted from Angela's Kitchen

Yield:  4-6 large servings

Salad
5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds) A bag of florets from Costco works great!
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 small red onion, small chop
8 slices bacon, chopped, cooked and drained
Salt and pepper, to taste

Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar


Prepare the dressing:  Mix together all of the ingredients and refrigerate for two hours.  (Taste the dressing to make certain that it has a ratio of vinegar to sugar that pleases your palate.)
Prepare the salad:  Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.  Dress with the chilled dressing before serving.
Note:  All of the salad ingredients may be measured and placed in ziplocks until you are ready to eat or taken to a potluck and mixed just before serving.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

We have a restaurant in town that serves this salad as part of their buffet. While working, I attended many meetings there and enjoyed this salad at lunch.  That salad is my measure...and this is pretty darn close.   I am going to have to make it again soon and have a very large bowl!  I can hardly wait.


Comments

  1. Kate..one of the dearest blogging couples/friends I met..

    Made a very similar salad for us when we visited their gorgeous gardens in Pont-Rouge ,QC.
    We love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried it but it sure sounds good! Hope you feel better soon:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all time favorite summer salads.
    Yummmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing worse than being away from home and sick. But you pulled it off with this great broccoli salad. Maybe I could talk my husband into eating broccoli as I see you salad has bacon and raisins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried this and it's one of my absolute favorites. So sorry you're on a trip and sick! Darnit. Get well soon, and enjoy that deck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a true classic. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm passing this recipe on to my daughter. The only vegetable that she likes is broccoli and I know she will enjoy the salad. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts